I love DIYs and decorating for the holidays but my wallet can’t always handle that!
I knew I wanted a flower wreath that could transition into spring for my door and I saw some similar flower wreathes retailing for almost $50 and I knew while I loved it, I could not do that!
So I decided to DIY this from the dollar store for under $10! It was so quick and easy, it took me maybe 20 minutes.
What you need
5-7 flower bunches @ the dollar store: I used 6 on my wreath form
Wreath form from the dollar store: I chose a heart shaped one for Valentine’s Day!
Wire cutters or strong scissors to cut flowers
Hot glue gun
Optional: spray paint
1. Take your flower bunches and cut the flowers off the stems leaving the green plastic part on.
Optional step: spray paint your wreath form white or the color of your flowers to hide gaps easier! I skipped this and just filled it in with more flowers
2. Heat up your hot glue gun. Begin gluing the bottom of the flower and attaching it to the wreath. I found it was easiest to place it on the front, and flip the form around so I can glue from the back. I glued the flowers over the wires of the form to make it easier.
3. Fill in the form until you have reached the desired fullness. Make sure there are no gaps anywhere! I filled them in with a different colored flower for some dimension.
4. Once the wreath looks how you want it to, let it sit and cool off to set the hot glue. Then add a second layer for safety.
5. If you want, attach a hook or string to hang the wreath. I had a wreath hook already on my door so I skipped this.
6. Hang it up and enjoy your easy DIY dollar store wreath!